Full Time | Linda Binti | Nairobi
1. Project Officer
Reporting to the Project Coordinator, the Project Officer will be expected to:
· Organize open forums for teenagers and teenage mothers to give them safe space to air their personal/group concerns.
· Conduct case management process for, and keep updated records of the beneficiaries. including physical home visits in both Mathare and Korogocho informal settlements.
· Assist the Project Coordinator in designing holistic interventions that will improve the living standards of the project beneficiaries.
· Actively participate in writing project reports as shall be directed.
· Attend staff meetings and represent the organization in various network forums and events.
· Appropriately supervise the various cadres of project volunteers and interns.
· Support the Project Coordinator in other matters that appertain to the day-to-day running of the project.
Expected skills and competencies:
· Holder of a Degree or Diploma in a related Social Science discipline.
· At least three years’ experience in working in informal settlements, preferably in Nairobi.
· Experience in working with adolescents, especially on sexual and reproductive health matters.
· Basic counseling and child protection skills.
· Good communication skills and fluent command of English and Kiswahili.
· Well developed interpersonal and team skills.