Job Vacancy: Resource Mobilization Officer
The German Doctors Nairobi is seeking to hire a competent resource mobilization officer to drive its fundraising initiatives.
The officer is expected to contribute towards the improvement of financial sustainability of the organization by designing and writing grant proposals to potential partners (government, private sector; development partners among others); identifying and seizing fundraising opportunities; diversifying funding streams for the organization, and establishing value-adding contacts and relationships for the benefit of the organization.
The officer will also be expected to understand key focus areas and interests of various potential partners; understand project monitoring and evaluation systems that ensure impact and effectiveness of the organization’s programmatic work; Work closely with other staff in regard to conceptualization, planning, writing, reviewing, communication and submission of the relevant documents for a targeted resource mobilization initiative.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring fundraising strategies, that includes yearly targets to meet the financial needs of the organization
- Approaching and raising funds from the private sector, development partners/donors, German Doctors Nairobi membership among others
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and finding a match with partners whose funding criteria match the organization’s vision and activities;
- Developing, managing, and updating corporate contacts and maximizing the relationships for the benefit of German Doctors Nairobi;
- Developing annual work plans based on the approved strategy together with revenue and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiatives;
- Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising, if needed;
- Being current and up to date with available fundraising initiatives and legal issues affecting corporate fundraising;
- Ensuring all partners receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
- Sensitizing and training other staff members on fundraising skills and strategy in order to build an effective fundraising team.
Qualifications for the Resource Mobilization Officer
- Bachelors Degree in Development Studies; Social Sciences or related field from a recognized University. Possession of degree and/or additional programme & resource mobilization training will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years experience in programming and fundraising for Civil Society Organizations/NGOs. Experience in fundraising for a membership organization will be an added advantage.
- Proven proposal writing skills and evidence of successful resource mobilization initiatives undertaken
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships and networks that are of value to organize fundraising initiatives
- Demonstrable coordination skills and understanding of non-governmental project management cycle
- Proven ability to work and deliver within strict deadlines and manage conflicting priorities
- Proven self-drive and ability to play a leadership role within an organization