Office Manager Job Description
Responsibilities for Office Manager
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately
- Assist with office layout planning and office moves, and with managing and maintaining IT infrastructure
- Manage office budget
- Identify opportunities for process and office management improvements, and design and implement new systems
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, doing research, and creating reports
Qualifications for Office Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or a related field
- 2-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Must have exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize
- Must be a self-starter and driven
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
Resource Mobilization Officer
The German Doctors Nairobi is seeking to hire a competent resource mobilization officer to drive its fundraising initiatives.
The officer is expected to contribute towards the improvement of financial sustainability of the organization by designing and writing grant proposals to potential partners (government, private sector; development partners among others); identifying and seizing fundraising opportunities; diversifying funding streams for the organization, and establishing value-adding contacts and relationships for the benefit of the organization.
The officer will also be expected to understand key focus areas and interests of various potential partners; understand project monitoring and evaluation systems that ensure impact and effectiveness of the organization’s programmatic work; Work closely with other staff in regard to conceptualization, planning, writing, reviewing, communication and submission of the relevant documents for a targeted resource mobilization initiative.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring fundraising strategies, that includes yearly targets to meet the financial needs of the organization
- Approaching and raising funds from the private sector, development partners/donors, German Doctors Nairobi membership among others
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and finding a match with partners whose funding criteria match the organization’s vision and activities;
- Developing, managing, and updating corporate contacts and maximizing the relationships for the benefit of German Doctors Nairobi;
- Developing annual work plans based on the approved strategy together with revenue and expenditure budgets for each fundraising initiatives;
- Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising, if needed;
- Being current and up to date with available fundraising initiatives and legal issues affecting corporate fundraising;
- Ensuring all partners receive appropriate and timely reports and updates;
- Sensitizing and training other staff members on fundraising skills and strategy in order to build an effective fundraising team.